Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/manavcon/public_html/manavconsultants.com/wp-content/plugins/visual-form-builder/public/class-form-display.php on line 241
We have a job opening for “Subsurface Engineer–Well Integrity” for Abu-Dhabi Location.
Experience: 5-12 years
Education: B.E./B.Tech (Petroleum Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
Job Location- Abu-Dhabi (Offshore)
It is for one of the ADNOC Group Company which is into oil & gas industry- Offshore. Company is the second largest field in the Gulf and the fourth largest field in the World.
- 1. Job purpose and Scope:
To monitor all wells and well activities to ensure full compliance with the WIMS (Well Integrity Management System) guidelines. To coordinate and perform well activities related to well integrity envelope, including surface and subsurface for all island and offshore wells,in order to maintain well assets integrity and sustain well availability. To gather and properly handle the technical data inputs related to well integrity of all island and offshore wells (oil producers, gas lift producers, water/gas injectors, observers), analyze well problems, recommend investigative and/or corrective measures.To coordinate between headquarter and site technical departments and other concerned personnel on day-to-day basis with respect to well integrity related activities and assignments and witness the implementation of critical activities in the field. To mentor and coach the Developees according to Competency Assurance Management System (CAMS).
- 2. Principal Accountabilities:
Headquarter Based Subsurface Engineer
- Ensures that all field operations (island and offshore) are being carried out in accordance with WIMS standards and practices.
- Defines the well completion integrity assurance process for surface and subsurface completion equipmentfor all island and offshore wells.
- Develops well integrity program for wellhead and subsurface completion equipment and remedial/repair program for all island and offshore wells.
- Evaluates the well completion integrity assurance process output, identifies sub-standard practices and performances, advises appropriate action plans to mitigate the integrity risk and ensurestheir implementation.
- Ensures proper monitoring of the wells annuli pressure behavior and managessustained annulus pressureplanning including program preparation for conducting annulus pressure bleed off surveys, evaluation of survey results and concludes way forward.
- Plans, coordinates and follows-up with site operational team on well integrity related activities and investigations such as pressure bleed-off surveys and surface/subsurface communication investigations.
- Designs process for data investigation, analyses well integrity problems and recommends further investigative and/or corrective measures which could be Rig-less or Rig-based intervention.
- Ensures onsite technical assistance to Field Surface Operation and Wireline Operation Supervisors during critical rig-less well operations and advises appropriate trouble shooting for operational and technical integrity problems.
- Establishes and updates periodical reports on integrity status of wells completed in the field.
- Conducts integrity assessment and adequacy of well construction envelope before converting it to new objective mode.
- Conducts the compliance audit of the field operational activities like Wireline Intervention, Wellhead Testing, Logging, Communication Investigations, Bleed-off Surveys etc.
- Identifies and plans preventive maintenance in coordination with site according to WIMS frequencies.
- Carries out studies addressing specific operational integrity problems as assigned from time to time and prepares appropriate recommendations / action plan for immediate solution of such integrity problems.
- Coordinates /leads HAZOP and Risk Assessment (RA) associated with well changes / problems that may have potential impact on well integrity.
- Reports progress against change implementation process.
- Develops and maintains an overview of assigned asset area well integrity hotspots through KPIs/database for the actions being planned to mitigate integrity risk.
- Develops and coordinates well integrity maintenance/testing campaigns on high risk areas ensuring that both, work and output data, is managed effectively and failures are formulated into resourced action plans.
- Recommends on required mitigating actions, based on well failure models / process and controls, well integrity life cycle requirements of the well and completion design.
- Carries out system change communication activities within assigned asset area and ensures that all stakeholders are involved in / informed of changes.
- Prepares well history database related to well integrity issues. Collects and validates well integrity data in database system and properly maintains data management system.
- Monitors and reviews daily Drilling / Workover / Production activities and identifies any well integrity related concerns.
- Reviews and ensures that well integrity acceptance certificate is in order.
- Defines well integrity life cycle requirements and incorporates in Well Prognosis.
- Reviews well completion material and advises its suitability for future well operating conditions.
- Evaluates / assesses the Well Integrity KPI after completion.
- Participates in well delivery process (WDP) meetings and advises well integrity requirements for workovers, HST and New Drilling wells.
- Assists in developing the workover program for non-integral wells, develop all necessary inspections required to investigate the failure, and plan on attending critical workover operations.
- Reviews and interprets logs (e.g. cement bond and corrosion logs) and evaluates barrier envelop and production casing condition.
- Prepares cost estimates for specific services to be acquired to maintain / restore well integrity.
- Evaluates / assesses the cement quality/integrity across reservoirs in wells and risk ranks them in terms of possible communication.
- Evaluates well construction integrity for all new and old wells and risk rank them for further remedial actions. Such evaluation shall be continuous to ensure the well integrity of all the wells is properly classified (e.g. RR1, SRR1, etc.). Lead the WISER (Well Integrity Severity Evaluation and Ranking tool) analysis for all non-integral wells.
- Prepare any MOC and/or dispensations to continue to operate wells that are deemed lower risk with appropriate mitigators. Follow-up with site to ensure expedite endorsement.
- Fulfills all requirements of Company Commercial Processes, including preparation of Invitation to Tender documents (e.g. preparing the technical specification and technical evaluation criteria), high quality Work Scopes, Service Orders and participate in bid evaluations when required.
- Works in line with company HSE policy and rules, and participates in incident/accident investigations relevant to his/her assignments and responsibilities.
- Provide monthly updates on the status of all the wells under stewardship to senior management.
Field (offshore / Island) Based Subsurface Engineer
- Being the site focal point, responsible for all well integrity issues (Wellhead, X-mass Tree, Wellbore/completion, Flow Assurance including scale, asphaltene and corrosion) related to all island and offshore wells.
- Ensures that all field operations are being carried out in accordance with ‘Well Integrity Management System (WIMS)’ standards and practices.
- Carries out detailed inspection of Wellhead/X-mass Tree components and initiate/follow-up the recommendations and implementations of remedial actions.
- Receives and carries out first line analysis of well integrity data and findings. Closely coordinates with site FP and FM teams to plan and execute further investigations / tests.
- Provides spontaneous advise to site teams on well integrity issues.
- Support headquarter engineer to attain quick endorsement of any MOC and dispensation.
- Follows up the six monthly well integrity checks by production operators and maintenance technician and carry out spot audits and checks on the quality and coverage.
- Coordinates with Headquarter Subsurface Engineers (Well Integrity and Flow Assurance) on critical investigations / plans viz. bleed off survey, communication investigation, leak detection and corrosion logging, etc. and provide onsite supervision during activity performance.
- Defines the well completion integrity assurance process for surface and subsurface completion equipment.
- Supervises well integrity and flow assurance programs for wellhead and subsurface completion equipment and remedial / repair activities.
- Ensures proper monitoring of wells annuli pressure behavior and manage sustained annulus pressure planning including program preparation for conducting annulus pressure bleed off surveys, evaluation of survey results and conclude way forward.
- Supervises surface/subsurface communication investigations in close coordination with field operational teams and communicate the data to headquarter.
- Provides full technical assistance to WellWork Engineering Preventative Maintenance, Field Maintenance, Field Surface Operation and Wireline Operation Supervisors during critical rig-less well operations and advise appropriate trouble shooting for the operational and technical integrity problems.
- Conducts the compliance audit of the field operational activities like Wireline Intervention, Wellhead Testing, Logging, Communication Investigations, Bleed-off Surveys, Chemical Pumping, etc.
- Coordinates/leads onsite HAZOP and Risk Assessment (RA) associated with well changes / problems that may have potential impact on well integrity.
- Report progress against change implementation process.
Works in line with company HSE policy and rules, and participates in incident/accident
Investigations relevant to his/her assignments and responsibilities
- 3. Minimum Requirements:
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5years’ experience of petroleum engineering activities related to well integrity management, investigation and evaluation of well integrity issue, risk assessment, risk ranking and mitigation planning.
- Highly skilled (technically andprofessionally) with thorough understanding of well construction and completion design and demonstrable experience in maintenance/integrity philosophies and practices.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of well operational aspects including workover, well intervention (slick wireline operations, logging, fishing, CTU operation), annulus management, corrosion and scale management / control, cement and casing integrity assessment, leak detection surveys and evaluation, artificial lift system etc. preferably in offshore location.
- Good knowledge in production operations, well testing and reservoir engineering.
Good in technical writing
If interested, kindly revert with your reachable no. & updated CV ASAP with following details
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Total Exp:
- Relevant Experience (in Oil and Gas):
- Experience (in Off Shore)
- Experience (in On Shore)
- Current CTC:
- Expected CTC
- Notice period: