Experience: 12+ Yrs
Qualification: B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with full knowledge of HSE in a plant environment
Location: Abu Dhabi
- Ensure that risks associated with/resulted from asset life extension activities are understood, evaluated, and effectively controlled, providing sufficient visibility to GASCO & Shareholders on relevant threats and demonstrating compliance where applicable.
- Secure and exploit opportunities to extend critical assets performance when approached/exceeded their useful/ original design life, ensuring safe and reliable life extension.
- Provide cost-effective decision making approach for asset replacement/rejuvenation, considering the cost/ risk-optimization results.
Job Specific Requirements
- Conduct Macro Level Analysis (Screening/High Level Review) for all critical Rotating Equipment nominated in the Scoping stage and establish their Current Condition.
- Nominate/short-list equipment required Micro Level Analysis (Detailed Analysis) and further studies.
- Conduct Micro Level Analysis for all nominated/short-listed critical Rotating Equipment, covering all this stage elements – please refer to ALEM Strategy and critical Rotating Equipment life extension procedure.
- Identify, understand and evaluation all ageing mechanisms and obsolescence aspects relevant to Rotating Equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of ALEM Management System relevant to Rotating Equipment, including existing methods/practices for predicting, preventing, monitoring and mitigating threats,
- Conduct Life Expectancy Assessment for all critical Rotating Equipment covered in previous Micro Level
- Analysis stage with reasonable certainty or with an appropriate assumption, confirming confidence level of the assessment
- Establish critical Rotating Equipment Life Stage (Stage1 – 4) and escalate all urgent issues & mitigation measures required
- Proactively, in alignment with other ALEM discipline engineers, pursue opportunities to extend critical
- Rotating Equipment life beyond its original design.
- Conduct Cost-Benefit Analysis & Cost-Risk Optimization, in integration with other ALEM discipline engineers, to decide/determine the optimum Renewal Strategy/ALEM Options for extending critical Rotating Equipment life,
- Throughout all ALEM key stages, discuss, challenge and agree with counterpart/concerned parties all relevant issues, findings and recommendations relevant to critical Rotating Equipment included in the study
- Obtain management approval for the recommendations and budget allocation relevant to critical Rotating Equipment renewal strategy, post to their acceptance by the concerned site,
- Provide inputs to Asset Reference Planning Coordinator to update the critical Rotating Equipment part in the long term asset replacement/rejuvenation plan.
- Ensure that Rotating Equipment recommendations are integrated and aligned with other ALEM disciplines recommendations with more focus on renewal strategy, cost, overall risk, priority, target date, and action party.
- Liaise, discuss and agree with OEI Section and other concern parties to implement the required improvement actions.
- Roll-out, together with other ALEM discipline engineers & facilities/stakeholders, the implementations of methods & policies necessary for Rotating Equipment life extension.
- Act as GASCO ALEM focal point, Rotating Equipment representative, and ensure continuous coordination with Project, Sites, TE and other concerned parties through regular visits, contacts and meetings.
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent ability to develop and implement ALEM processes and procedures for achievement of the desired goals.
- Management skills related to the functional domain and disciplines.
- Project management and multiple activities/discipline management skills.
- Strong ability to coach others and build network across groups and shares ideas.
- Drive results, focus on must wins, make changes and open & honest.
- Strong ability to set direction and commitment to achieving excellence and challenging goals.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving/root cause analysis skills.
- Strong and effective ability to work closely with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to respond to changing work scope and business needs while still accomplishing required actions.