Experience: 12+ Yrs
Qualification: B.Sc. in Chemical Engineer
Location: Abu Dhabi
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all international engineering standards & codes and loss prevention, techniques.
- Well conversant with an oil & gas operating company plant activities & the key process safety requirements.
- Able to take sound operations integrity decisions in co-ordination with technical authorities, plant engineers, etc. to safeguard process safety of all GASCO assets.
- Excellent IT skills to work with MS office packages [MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Projects].
- Display analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Be able to show high-level communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Illustrate a comprehensive knowledge of industry best practices and technology trends, especially in the operations integrity & process safety areas.
The incumbent is also expected to display the following attributes:
Leadership; excellent oral & written communication skills; management; commitment to the mission; values and vision of GASCO; integrity; flexibility; customer service orientation; interpersonal and teamwork.
- Develop & Support process safety assurance programmes in Design & Projects:
To assure that all projects are designed & handover to operations, incorporating all process safety requirements to ensure safe operations.
- Technical Authority implementation:
To liaise with Technical Authorities as required, supporting implementation of companies Technical Authority Standard, for all asset lifecycle phases, especially in the area of process safety.
- Process Safety performance reporting:
To verify and ensure that the process safety performance is reported in line with companies & shareholder requirements. The position is also expected to define the reporting criteria required for process safety performance.
- Communication & collaboration:
To collaborate with the facilities to roll-out and implement the methods and policies necessary to provide assurance of process safety:
- Communicate process safety know-how;
- Promote a culture of proactive attitude toward excellence in process safety;
- Provide quality operations and technical support to safe operation of assets and act as technical interface between sites and other entities.
- Integrity incident investigations:
To participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of integrity incidents where operations integrity is affected, for corporate learning and Integrity improvement.
- Integrity/Process safety Audits:
To lead/participate in audits as per companies corporate risk controls and to track audit action items in companies incident reporting system to ensure all High & Medium items have been completed and closed out. The process safety specialist is also responsible to provide necessary support to update companies incident reporting system for all integrity related incidents.
- Development & manage of OI documents:
Develop/Coordinate Asset Integrity procedures related to Operate and Project Phases to ensure process safety.
- Optimization of process safety processes:
Proactively pursue opportunities for optimization of operating integrity practices and improvement of performances in such relevant areas as operations, technical or methods.
- Asset integrity reports:
To prepare Asset Integrity reports for Management & Shareholders.
- Process safety culture:
To support promotion of a culture of proactive attitude toward excellence in process safety.