Desired Expertise: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 7-10 years Minimum
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Harcourt
It is seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer to join their for 4 x 750 MTPD LNG project.
A self-starter, the Instrument Engineer will be accountable for providing engineering support solutions on all machinery control and instrumentation systems in the LNG Facilities in order to achieve machinery control and instrumentation reliability and availability to meet plant production targets and HSE requirements within approved budgets and resources.
Key Accountabilities for this role are:
* LNG facility Erection, pre-Commissioning, commissioning and start up activities (Amine system, Fired heater, Gas Turbines/ Engines, static/ rotating equipment, etc)
* Strategy development & implementation of comprehensive engineering and maintenance strategies, techniques and plans.
* Review of the maintenance program effectiveness (i.e. preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, condition-based etc.)
* Analyse and verify plant/ equipment design modifications, engineering and maintenance
* Maintain troubleshoot problem with monitoring and control system
* Drive the development and implementation of procedures, instructions and standards through audits and interventions in order to improve the work quality
* Technical authority on machinery control and instrumentation system for LNG Downstream Operations.
* Identify, evaluate and recommend key and pacing maintenance tools and technologies for machinery control and instrumentation system by keeping abreast with technology development
* Advise on Spare parts requirement
* Drive the development of a competent working team
* Provide guidelines to maintenance team for the continuing training of the personnel within their team and develop appropriate training programs.
* Excellent knowledge on HSE aspects including Permit to work system.
* Experience in Shutdown/ turnaround of LNG facility.
We require a degree qualified Engineer with more than 7-10 year experience in LNG, LPG orgas processing Hydrocarbon plants (cryogenic operations preferred). You must have experience in plant instrumentation systems such as DCS, ICSS, SIS, Field Instruments, metering or control valves. Additional knowledge and experience in Fire and gas systems are preferred.
To be successful in obtaining this position, you will have experience working in a similar environment. You will have excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and technical report writing skills; as well as the ability to work independently and has the confidence to meet up with external stakeholders.