We have an opening for “Electrical Engineer” in one of the world’s most reputed Oil & Gas Operating Companies located in “Abu Dhabi”.
Experience: 5+ Yrs
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent
- 5 – 6 years of experience in Design and Engineering in Offshore industries, Project management and control, construction management of large offshore / Onshore Oil and Gas production facilities. Conversant with project coordination and control procedures
The Company was established in 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry and since then has steadily broadened its activity in establishing companies and subsidiaries and creating an integrated oil and gas industry in the fields of exploration and production, support services, oil refining and gas processing, chemicals and petrochemicals, maritime transportation and refined products and distribution.
During the past four decades, it has expanded its business activities, enhanced its competitive position and so managed to become one of the world’s leading oil companies with substantial business interests in upstream and downstream activities, including transportation, shipping, marketing and distribution.
It has 15 subsidiary companies working in the various fields of the oil, gas, and petrochemical industry as well as crude oil and gas transport and services.
Supervises and manages all the Electrical Engineering activities being performed by FEED and EPC contractors in US Electrical Power Balance Project. Provides technical support to and recommending appropriate solutions for problems occurring in the Electrical discipline areas of Oil, Gas and Utilities facilities
- Reviews and comments on Electrical System studies, Design Basis, Subsea cable sizing and other related engineering deliverables produced by FEED and EPC Contractor. Review of Vendor drawings, SLDs, Control schematics, Interconnection diagrams
- Reviews Protection and Control Philosophies, Black Start and Operation procedure. Review of Load forecast for Long Term Strategy and ensure delivery of engineering package in line with Long Term Power Development Plan
- Evaluates contractrors bids including comparison of bidder technical proposal with tender specification, technical clarification and submit technical report to Project Manager
- Participates in various engineering workshops such as Design review, risk assessment, HAZOP, HAZID, PHSER etc. as assigned by the Project Manager
- Review technical Bid evaluation and Vendor selection for all major critical MV and LV electrical equipments, systems and sub systems. Review project specification, data sheets, layouts, Inspection and Testing Plan, FAT procedures
- Monitors System Studies report and Calculation developed using System Software (e.g. ETAP, EDSA Power Tools etc) as applicable to all major electrical equipments, systems and sub systems. Participates in Factory Acceptance / Performance tests as and when required.
- Reviewing tie-in package for existing system modification, conduct site visits and conclude the shutdown and tie-in philosophy related to project. Keep up to date with relevant codes of practices, standards and apply the local and international legislation relevant to project activities.
- Keeps up to date with engineering technologies and developments and identify areas applying new technologies / innovations to the project. Leads and manages optimization & feasibility studies related to Electrical discipline either with internal or external resources
- Coordinates technical problem raised by FEED/EPC contractor and arrange meeting with Company concerned division especially DED and follow up until rectification
Kindly let us know if you will be interested to apply for the above position. If yes, please respond to this email with your updated CV at earliest with the following details:
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Current Location:
- Total Exp:
- Current CTC:
- Expected CTC:
- Notice period: