Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/manavcon/public_html/manavconsultants.com/wp-content/plugins/visual-form-builder/public/class-form-display.php on line 241
We have a job opening for “In- Situ Manager (Sales & Services)” for Mumbai Location.
Experience: 5 to 10 years in marine / offshore environment. At least 5 – 6 years experience in’ in-situ repair fields as sales & services.
Education: Appropriate Technical qualification, Degree or Diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering is preferred
Job Location: Mumbai
Company is one of the leading US based company providing core services in three business areas, In-Situ Machining, Diesel Engines and Green Technologies. Company has 74 years of glowing history and operates over 20 locations in 16 countries around the world and is recognized as a leading provider of specialized repair, maintenance, reconditioning services and trading of engineering components for the worldwide shipping, offshore, industrial plant and power station markets.
- Overall responsibility of overseeing the entire In-Situ department day to day operations in liaison with Operations Head.
- Set up variety of in-situ grinding machines / Line-boring machines / X-Y Milling / flange facing to perform precision works as necessary.
- Improving operational efficiency through effective control of resources and managing the quality & deliverance time/deadlines.
- Cost control, job cost monitoring
- Minimizing claims, reworks and customer complaints
- Closing of jobs as per timelines without any customer complaints
- Ensuring adherence to all quality systems and requirements
- Ensuring development and implementation of Safety systems and standards and for developing a safe working environment
- Training and development of In-Situ personnel
- Introduction of new technologies and methods in In-Situ
- Achieving budgeted targets and department P&L as a whole.
- Continuous improvement regarding own department.
- Ensure the In-situ Department is an efficient operation with modern work ethics, highly skilled and motivated workforce and up to date tools and equipment ensuring qualified and profitable services provided to customers.
- Manage repair teams in their daily duties onboard & ashore including planning of work-scope, personnel allocation; assess tool requirement, scheduling and execution of repair and service works. Monitor progress and ensure works carried out on time and budget to correct quality levels.
- From time to time, personally perform ship and offshore vessel inspection, trouble shooting and repairs/upgrades and conversions and provide sound technical advice to customer.
- Build strong relationships with clients in the region to identify market requirements and potential, and establish links to facilitate new business.
- Coordinating with inspecting/approving authority (e.g. class surveyors) for inspections and surveys at workshop, at site or at premises of a party to whom some of the relevant jobs may be outsourced
- Assist the HEAD (SALES & MKTG) in developing and implementing the sales and marketing objectives of the department.
- Plan and manage business portfolio/territory/business according to the agreed market development strategy.
- Plan and carry out sales and marketing strategies and other local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales agreed in AOPs and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing efforts like product launches, promotions, advertising etc.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business goals, including costs and sales.
- Effectively manage customer queries and issues as per existing Sales territories or defined marketing plans.
- Pursue customer satisfaction measurement goals as established within the department.
- Authorize to conclude contracts within the frame work of approved prices, rates, fleet arrangements, general terms and conditions
Adequate Computer literacy is essential. CAD operating skill will be added advantage.
General – People Relation
- Fluent in English speaking and report writing.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent managerial and mentorship skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
If interested, kindly revert with your reachable no. & updated CV ASAP with following details
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Total Exp:
- Marine Exp:
- Current CTC:
- Expected CTC
- Notice period: