Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/manavcon/public_html/manavconsultants.com/wp-content/plugins/visual-form-builder/public/class-form-display.php on line 241
We have a Job opening for “Operations Manager” in one of the leading company for Mumbai location.
Experience: 15 to 20 years in a ship yard, dry docks as Ship Repair Manager, Workshop Manager. Should have headed the operations for at least 3 years. Should have similar type of experience with ship repair and marine industry exposure.
Education Qualification: Degree or Diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
Age Between 35 – 45 years of age
It is the only independent repair specialist to offer owners, managers and OEMs all-inclusive worldwide service. It operates over 20 locations in 16 countries around the world and is recognized as a leading provider of specialized repair, maintenance, reconditioning services and trading of engineering components for the worldwide shipping, offshore, industrial plant and power station markets.
Overall responsibility of overseeing the Operations of Ship Repair, New Ship Building, Afloat dept., Workshop and diesel departments.
- Allot jobs on day-to-day basis to those working in the workshop and at site
- Meeting the gross revenue and profit targets for the business unit.
- Improving operational efficiency through effective control of resources and managing the quality & deliverance time/deadlines.
- Cost control, job cost monitoring
- Minimizing claims, reworks and customer complaints
- Closing of jobs as per timelines without any customer complaints
- Ensuring adherence to all quality systems and requirements
- Ensuring development and implementation of Safety systems and standards and for developing a safe working environment
- Training and development of operations personnel
- Introduction of new technologies and methods in operations
- Travel all over India.
- Co-ordination of outsourced workshop jobs
- Ensure availability of adequate manpower with requisite competence for the jobs in hand and likely to be assigned.
- Coordinating with inspecting/approving authority (e.g. class surveyors) for inspections and surveys at workshop, at site or at premises of a party to whom some of the relevant jobs may be outsourced
Adequate Computer literacy is essential. CAD operating skill will be added advantage.
General – People Relation
- Fluent in English speaking and report writing.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent managerial and mentorship skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
Kindly let us know if you will be interested to apply for the above position. If yes, please respond to this email with your updated CV at earliest with the following details:
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Current Location:
- Total Exp:
- Reachable No.:
- Current Salary:
- Expected Salary:
- Notice period: