Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/manavcon/public_html/manavconsultants.com/wp-content/plugins/visual-form-builder/public/class-form-display.php on line 241
We are pleased to approach you for a suitable opening for “Purchasing Specialist” with one of the world’s most reputed Oil & Gas Operating Companies located in Abudhabi.
Experience: 12+ Yrs
Education Qualification: BE
This is an ADNOC Group Company (Abu Dhabi) which is responsible for the processing of natural and associated gas from onshore oil operations. Expansion of the National Gas Grid to cope with the increase in gas supply and demand. Maximizing gas utilization in the different sectors (locally & export). Upgrading the National Gas Grid and its facilities.
- To purchase various types of materials and equipment required for the Plants and Main Office operations.
- The Purchasing Specialist reports to the Senior Purchasing Specialist.
- The role of the Purchasing Specialist is critical to the Plants and Main Office Operations in processing users’ materials and repair requisitions to develop purchase orders for materials and equipment of various types such as mechanical, electrical, instrument, chemicals, safety and other general items for Pumps, Engines, Vessels, Tubular, Valves, Skid packages etc. It is a major challenge to propose innovative Purchasing techniques / methods as per international practice as relevant/applicable to Local Business environment in line with COMPANY corporate policies.
- This requires technical knowledge and negotiation skills. It also requires high coordination and communication with end users, local and international suppliers and manufacturers and maintaining excellent Buyer – Seller relationship.
- The job holder should develop knowledge of local market for the range of commodities and equipment within the area of his responsibility and to maintain a constant check on new developments in the commodity to take advantage of the proven technological development in the market place.
- Purchasing Specialist should have good exposure in IT skills & E-Procurement process.
- To receive Purchase Requisitions for Stock and Direct Materials and for material repairs and to decide purchasing action based on the type of commodity, estimated value, availability of supply after scrutinizing the authorization, material specification, inspection requirement and urgency / assigned priorities.
- To propose and approve list of qualified bidders (clarify) and prepare enquiry packages incorporating all commercial, technical and inspection requirements and issue accordingly.
- To follow up with bidders to ensure timely submission of bids and to carry out opening of bids after bid closing dates as per the Delegation of Authority.
- To check bids for completeness of technical and commercial data, pass bids and vendors’ queries to users for technical comments, further clarifications or additional details, obtaining the techno-commercial clarifications from the bidders and co-ordinate with the end users.
- To follow up with users to obtain final technical evaluation of bids and to ensure that any disqualified bids are justified. To carry out the commercial evaluation of all bids and participate in the technical analysis of standard and less complex bids. To prepare techno-commercial recommendations and submit for review, approval and award after verifying budget availability.
- To coordinate with originators for obtaining necessary “Authorization for Expenditures” (AFE, AFOU), for approved Capital/Extra ordinary and Major maintenance budget items.
- To coordinate with end users, Freight Forwarder and the Local Agent/Original Equipment Manufacturer for the dispatch of defective equipment/components requiring repair/refurbishment, and for obtaining bids and processing orders for the required repairs.
- To prepare purchase orders/Long Term Price Agreement, Annual Price Agreement, Blanket Purchase Orders and related amendments, as/when required and pass them to supervisor.
- To negotiate with Suppliers for reduction of prices as per the guidelines provided by Management to ensure cost effective purchasing.
- To liaise with Expediting and Materials Operations to ensure timely delivery of critical materials.
- To assist in resolution of disagreements with terms and conditions.
- To maintain and update related purchasing documents files and records and to prepare status reports.
Kindly let us know if you will be interested to apply for the above position. If yes, please respond to this email with your updated CV at earliest with the following details:
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Current Location:
- Total Exp:
- Experience (Oil & Gas):
- Reachable No.:
- Current Salary:
- Expected Salary:
- Notice period:
If your CV is shortlisted for Personal round of Interview, please note following information as below:
Venue: Abu Dhabi (details will be shared later)
Reimbursement: Client will arrange for visa and accommodation in Abu Dhabi, To and Fro Economy Air-ticket reimbursement will be given to all candidates.
- Kindly do not send your CV to any other agency or upload to company’s web site because it will be considered as duplicate & you will not be allowed to attend interview.
For more details, please visit www.manavconsultants.com or call us on numbers mentioned below for queries if any.
Our client is seeking to hire the following positions, please forward this to your references if any who qualify for any of below positions:
|Asset Integrity Engineer|
|Change Management Analyst|
|Principal Instrument & Control Engineer|
|Principal Mechanical Engineer|
|Principal Operations Engineer|
|Principal Pipeline Integrity Engineer|
|Principal Shutdown Engineer|
|Principal Technical Integrity Engineer|
|Senior Automation Engineer|
|Senior Change Management Analyst|
|Senior Corrosion and Metallurgy Engineer|
|Senior Electrical Engineer|
|Senior Mechanical Engineer|
|Senior Operations Engineer|
|Senior Operations Readiness Engineer|
|Senior Reliability Engineer|
|Senior Research & Development Coordinator|
|Senior Standards Engineer|
|Senior Systems Engineer|
|Strategic Category Controller|
|Technical Procedure Analyst|