We have an opening for “Sr. Contracts Engineer” in one of the world’s most reputed Oil & Gas Operating Companies located in “Abu Dhabi”.
Experience: 9+ Years
Education Qualification: BE
The Company will develop Gas Field with the highest H2S of 23% and 10% of CO2. Company will drill the wells, maintain the reservoir, and transfer the non-associated gas through gathering pipelines where the extraction operation will take place at Plant. The process products NGL, sales gas and condensate will be transferred through company pipelines and tie into Company products pipeline for further processing. Liquid sulphur will be transferred through sulphur pipelines to the Shah Sulphur Station for granulation and transfer to terminal through rail network
The main areas of responsibility involve the maintenance of major rotating equipment such as Gas Turbines, gas compressors, turbo expanders, blowers, diesel prime movers, pumps, valves and fin fan coolers
Basic Function and Scope:
- Plans, supervises and controls day-to-day activities of Operations Contracts Section including: following up the Operations Division contracts validity, available funds and performance.
- Participates in reviewing the Scope of Work, strategy for new tenders and technical evaluation of the submitted offers.
- Participates in conducting special studies and task forces related to Operations Division contracts process and follows up meetings.
- Coordinates with Commercial and Finance Divisions to resolve any contractual problems.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Plans in advance to start issuing official requisitions (CR/CCR) through the SAP System, taking enough lead time prior to the expiry date of contracts for future approval by Management.
- Review (with Management) scope of work, contract strategy, objectives and invitation to Tender (ITT) for new tenders jointly with Operations Managers and Section Heads and thereafter participating in technical evaluation of various submitted offers. Ensures all contracts are extended or tendered on target dates.
- Establishes adequate measures for monitoring contracts, available funds and make necessary actions to ensure funds are available throughout contract duration.
- Coordinates with Commercial Division (Contracts) and decides actions required for resolving pending disputes. Represent Operations Division together with Operations Managers and Section Heads in the preparation of the enquiry of new tenders. Participates in the negotiation meetings with Commercial Division, Contracts Team and the Bidders.
- Follows up and co-ordinates the allocation of major contracted services throughout Operations on a monthly basis.
- Defines and Implements key indicators to monitor contractor performance on a quarterly basis. Issues contracts close out (end of contract performance evaluation) and puts forward recommendations for management directives. Ensures the proper implementation of contractual terms and conditions.
- Monitors all aspects of the contracting process implemented by Commercial Division and provides recommendations for modifications / improvement. Provides all technical and statistical support related to Operations Contracts to all Operations Teams. Provides advice and assistance in all matters related to upgrading and standardization of Operations Contract documents for new contracts.
- Formulates, jointly with Operations Managers and Section Heads, divisional standpoint in dispute/claim cases over interpretation and performance of operations contracts and presents it officially to Contracts Division for action.
- Ensures Company Health, Safety and Environmental policy (H.S.E) procedures and regulations are applied to all contracts in operations.
- Audits contractors for compliance with H.S.E and contractual requirements.
- Daily contacts with contracts request initiators, Managers and Section Heads to discuss and formulate contract requirements and to exchange information on current status of contracts.
- Frequent meetings with senior management to review and follow-up contracts status and progress. Frequent contacts with the Contract staff in Commercial Division to clarify operational requirements and to discuss contractual relevant issues.
- Frequent contacts with Accountants / Financial Analyst (Operations) in Finance Division for payment and to obtain financial statistics on Operations Contracts requisitions.
- Regular contacts with Contractors representatives during contracts request preparation and execution to achieve Company’s objectives.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
- Work according to company’s established procedures and specialized / professional standards. Exercise latitude in providing solutions to problems.
- Completed work is subject to review by supervisors.
- Reports to Planning Section Head
Kindly let us know if you will be interested to apply for the above position. If yes, please respond to this email with your updated CV at earliest with the following details:
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Current Location:
- Total Exp:
- Current CTC:
- Expected CTC:
- Notice period:
- Kindly do not send your CV to any other agency or upload to company’s web site because it will be considered as duplicate & you will not be allowed to attend interview.
- CV’s will be accepted of all nationality except Indians & Arabs.